Re: Putting PW,PL & CC in a 2000 Dak

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2006 - 12:14:30 EDT

--- Y1topbanana73@netscape.net wrote:

> I might be buying a 2000 Dakota Sport CC, 2wd, 4.7L,
> 5 spd (YES I FINALLY FOUND A STICK), but it doesn't
> have PW, PL, or CC. I figure the PW & PL shouldn't
> be too bad (swap in all hardware or whole door), but
> the cruise I'm not too sure about. I know w/ the
> Cherokee's, you can just buy a kit and it's an EASY
> install. Does anyone know if DC offers the same
> thing for the Dakota's? If not, how tough would it
> be to put in cruise?
>
> Thanks!
> Bill M

Cruise is a no sweat install. Dodge put in all the
wiring and hardware at the factory so all you have to
do is get the cruise kit. I did my 98 back in 2k or
01. I got the kit from McKinney Dodge in Texas but I
think they either sold the dealership or went out of
business. Either way you should be able to get the kit
from your local dealer. There is a module that bolts
to the firewall, on mine it was on the passenger side,
that had the vacuum control and the cable for the
throttle body. Hardware was included and the studs
were already on the firewall. The kit also had a new
clock spring, steering wheel back and the control
switches. I think it also included a bulb for the
cruise in the dash. You have to be careful as you have
to remove the steering wheel and drivers airbag module
to get to the clock spring. The only special tool I
needed to buy was a set of tamper-proof torx bits to
get the lower cover off the steering column. All told,
I think it took me about an hour or so to install the
kit and it was definitely worth it. Email me off list
if you need any other info or if you want pictures of
the module or anything.

HTH,

Ray Irons

Some risk is necessary in life. Without risk, the new world wouldn't have been discovered, man wouldn't have landed on the moon and we wouldn't ride motorcycles.