Re: BS or not?

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2006 - 12:34:37 EDT

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 12:15:57 -0400, Jason Bleazard <dml@bleazard.net>
wrote:

> On Fri, August 25, 2006 11:34 am, Michael Maskalans said:
>>
>> Linky no worky.
>>
>> session-based link.... so definitely BS :-)
>
> Grrr... okay, slightly less lazy, I actually Googled the product name
> "Counteract Electronic Rust Protection" and came up with their own web
> site:
> http://www.counteractrust.com Warning: their site reads like an
> infomercial.
>
> It's electrostatic corrosion control. From what I can tell, the idea is
> put a small electric charge on the metal parts of a vehicle to keep them
> from
> rusting. And then when you try to climb out on a dry day, I'd imagine it
> probably gives you quite a nice spark. I can just see someone putting
> one of
> these on a vehicle equipped with an anti-static grounding strap and
> canceling
> the whole system out.
>
> Sounds to me like it belongs in a garbage pile along with fuel magnets
> and
> intake vortices, but like I said before, maybe someone knows better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathodic_protection

That seems be what they say their product is based on. Since they state it
isn't that exact techonology, I would doubt how well it works on your
vehicle. And I wonder what other problems occur when you put current on
what you rbattery uses as the ground. Also, anytime products come out for
the general public that are based on industrial products, they always suck.

--
-droo

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8 4X4 Manual Transmission Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's Can-Back Soft Topper Rhinoliner Alpine CD Head Unit w/ XM Alpine 6 3/4" Speakers Sony 8" Subwoofer Q-Logic Custom Fit Enclosure