RE: Cathodic protection

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2006 - 14:28:21 EDT

I seem to remember that this was discussed years ago but I can't find it in
the archives.
Museum ships use cathodic protection to prevent the hulls from corroding and
plating out on some (higher or lower valence, can't remember which) part of
the waterfront. The Navy uses sacrificial zincs to accomplish the same
thing. The zincs eventually turn mushy and disappear and require
replacement.

Atmospheric contaminants and road salt on vehicles gets caught in crevices
and are sometimes in solution but even with an impressed voltage or
"capacitive coupling??" I don't see how the product makes the sodium ions
jump off the truck.

Buy one and let us know Jason. LOL