Re: RE: Something About Brake Lines

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 12:35:40 EDT

"DAKSY" <rsmith13@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

: Hey, Jon..

: <snip> Hmmm, speaking of hydraulic flare tools, does anybody make
: a set of dies which would allow somebody with a shop press to
: use it for flaring tubing?<snip>

: Try here:

: http://www.newmantools.com/imperial/ft7.html

: You may hafta modify the ram to receive the dies, bit I don't see why they
: wouldn't work...
: Probably not EXACTLY what you want, but somebody at their site may be able
: to point you in the right direction...\

   Thanks, Bob! Looks sort've like what I had in mind, although that
particular setup looks like it can only do single flares. In thinking
about it a little more, I'm not sure if using a shop press would be a
good idea or not strictly from a clearance point of view. If you've
got a relatively long or bendy line made up, it might be difficult
to position such a thing in a shop press without it hitting on the
ground or the side of the press, etc. :-( Guess I'll just have
to stick with the standard type. Maybe I'll get lucky one of these
days and come across a hydraulic set at an estate sale or something.

--
                                          -Jon-