Re: RE: Something About Brake Lines

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 20:49:40 EDT

Hey, Jon..

 <snip> Thanks, Bob!

You're quite welcome!

  <snip>Looks sort've like what I had in mind, although that
particular setup looks like it can only do single flares<snip>

As opposed to MULTIPLE flares!?!?!?

 <snip>In thinking about it a little more, I'm not sure if using a shop
press would be a
 good idea or not strictly from a clearance point of view. If you've
got a relatively long or bendy line made up, it might be difficult
 to position such a thing in a shop press without it hitting on the
ground or the side of the press, etc. <snip>

It might work with an arbor press IF you mounted it on a pivoting platform
that you cold swing 90 degrees to a horizontal plane...

<snip> Guess I'll just have to stick with the standard type. Maybe I'll
get lucky one of these
days and come across a hydraulic set at an estate sale or something.<snip>

Estate sales! So that's where you go to stock up on vehicles & tools &
stuff!
I wondered where your vast collections were accumulated from!

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +
V-6 4 x 4 5 speed