Re: RE: Something About Brake Lines

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Aug 30 2006 - 13:43:13 EDT

"DAKSY" <rsmith13@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
:Jon wrote:
: <snip>Looks sort've like what I had in mind, although that
: particular setup looks like it can only do single flares<snip>

: As opposed to MULTIPLE flares!?!?!?

   Well, double flares anyway. :-)

: <snip> Guess I'll just have to stick with the standard type. Maybe I'll
: get lucky one of these
: days and come across a hydraulic set at an estate sale or something.<snip>

: Estate sales! So that's where you go to stock up on vehicles & tools &
: stuff!
: I wondered where your vast collections were accumulated from!

  :-) I just picked up an air compressor a couple of weeks ago, to
suppliment my existing one. I need to fix the unloader valve, but
otherwise it just needed about 50 years of crud scraped and cleaned
off of it, along with an oil change. As far as I can tell, it was
made somewhere around 1950. They also threw in a bit of "scrap"
steel laying around the shop and a metal welding table. Unfortunately,
I forgot to go to the sale on the first day (Friday) and didn't get
there until Saturday. Come to find out, there was a demilled
Browning .50 cal machine gun there that somebody bought for $25!!!!!!
Dangit! I was kicking myself for days after that one. The guy used
to have an MB Willys Jeep which it was mounted on, and it sure would
have looked nice mounted on mine! :-( Oh well, live and learn - the
early bird gets the worm. :-)

--
                                          -Jon-