RE: Fuel Problem

From: Jamie Calder (jcalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2006 - 12:41:26 EDT

Is that part number a NAPA number? It didn't have any results searching the
NAPA site.

The Carter pump at Advance Auto is about $250.00. Is that what I should
expect to pay at any auto store?

The metal lines are just as rusted and pitted as my front brake lines that
blew out on me. There are 2 lines, one smaller then the other. I assume
the smaller one is the return line?

Is there any reason why I cannot replace the metal lines with high pressure
rubber fuel lines rated for fuel injection with fuel injection style hose
clamps?

If I were to replace them with metal lines, the ends need to be formed to
accept the quick connects, right. Or cut the ends off and compression
couple them to the new lines? And a lot of bending involved again. Seems as
though rubber would be much easier, and wont rust out again.

Thanks for any suggestions.

James