Re: Re: OT: The Honda

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2006 - 23:41:31 EDT

Ray Irons wrote:
> I really recommend you get a full face
> helmet, regardless of what you ride. A full face brain
> bucket goes a long way toward protecting your melon,
> especially your lower jaw and teeth, not to mention
> they are generally a bit quieter. You can get a Snell
> rated Z1R for about $90 shipped. Cycle World gave that
> helmet a top rating when they did a helmet comparison.
> Email me off list if you want some websites that you
> can order them from.

The first two helmets I bought were full face helmets. Thats what I
want to wear, is a full face). I had to return them because they did
not fit well. With my glasses anyway. Without my glasses they fit fine.
  They were your run of the mill Bell helmets I picked up at walmart. I
bought a half helmet for the mean time and it was cheap. I don't plan
on riding much more this year. The weather is predicted to get crummy
this week and to drop in temperature. I'm don't feel like trying the
cold weather stuff just yet. Plus I hnoestly don't have the cash to
drop on an expensive helmet just yet. All I wanted to do this year was
get it up and running and test it out a little. 40 MPH feels slow now
in the Ram, compared to doing 40 on the Honda heh.

> One last thing, and this isn't just for Tom, but
> anyone on the list here. Please check out the other
> group I belong to, Pashnit(pronounced passionate).

Cool - I'll check it out - thanks!

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4,
95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine