Re: was: 4x4 Tire Size, now Mike's rims. [attn Jon, Mike & Chris Reck]

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2006 - 10:37:42 EDT

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006, Barry Oliver wrote:

> > Barry Oliver <barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com> wrote:
> >
> > : Ok guys, maybe this can work after all, with a little help from my pals.
> > :
> > : If Mike is agreeable to separate the rims and tires, AND
> > : If Jon wouldn't mind breaking them down for us, AND
> > : If Chris [or some other midwesterner] dosen't mind bringing them back...
> > :
> > : ...We might have a deal.
> > :
> > : What say the interested [conscripted] parties?
> >

> jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> >
> > I'm game. :-)
> >
> Chris Reck wrote:
> > Not a problem here...
> >

> Ok, guess I am waitin on Mike, this seems somehow oddly familiar.. ;-)

Good thing you guys changed the subject line, I haven't had time to keep
up on the list *at all* and just came into the mailbox to scroll the
subject lines and see if there was anything I needed to look into... :-)

I have access to a tire machine, but it won't reach for a 17" rim so I'd
have to break them by hand. If you've got a better option than that, Jon,
that would be nice. They'll probably be a bit difficult since they've
been mounted for about 3 years, and alloys have a way of being sticky...

BTW Barry, it's been 2 years and 30,000 miles since the swap :-)

I should throw this in another post, and before I junk anything I will,
but if anybody is interested in these, please let me know:

- front swaybar & bushings, '98 CC V8 4x4
- torsion bars, '98 CC V8 4x4, 112,000 miles
- steel spare rim, 6 on 4.5" (Dakota)
- set of 4 15x6 steel rims, 5 on 4.75 (S-10)
- set of 5 15x7 alloy rims, 6 on 4.5 (Dakota)
- set of 4 15x10 alloy rims, 5 on 5.5 (most half tons)
- set of 4 16.5x10 alloy rims, 8 on 6.5 (most 3/4 and 1 tons)
- set of 4 Yokohama Geolandar AT+IIs, 70%, probably ~8000 miles, 265/70r17
- 1 32x11.5r15 Geolandar AT+II, 0 miles
- roadmaster active suspension for '98 Dakota 4x4
- set of 4 285/75r16 SuperSwamper Trxus M/Ts on 16x8 Ram alloy rims, 5 on
5.5; 50% and cupped. will separate.

I'm a "motivated seller" on all but the last item. Make me an offer and
it won't go to the scrap yard, otherwise it probably will eventually.

very interested in trade for gen III driver's headlight, and maybe other
parts
other stuff I could use:
- single H2 alloy rim
- 3/4x3/4 2 piece heim joints
- Dana 60 kinpin rebuild kits
- power steering pump
- york compressor
- air regulator/fittings/pressure switch/lines/tanks
- [small] shop air compressor/air tools

--
  +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
  | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s  '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |