RE: small clunk in steering column on braking/accel

From: Kyle Kozubal (lpd111@msn.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2006 - 12:17:51 EDT

Are you sure your vehicle's transmission mount is not broke?

My 93 Dakota would do this and it was the clam-shell style mount that was
broke into two halves.

Place a floor jack under the trans and raise it up slightly. Look at the
mount under the trans, where the trans sits on to ta crossmember/brace.

See if the rubber mount is broke or damaged. It was like a 30 repair job and
a $50 part.

The noise was gone after that. I think I replaced it at about 125,000 miles.
The truck now has 180,00 on it, without any problems.\

Kyle
'04 Quad Cab SLT 4x4