Re: Stereo question

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2006 - 13:33:03 EDT

On Mon, September 25, 2006 1:51 am, jon@dakota-truck.net said:

> That's a bummer. :-( If 'twere me, I'd probably pop the
> radio open and see if I could find anything obvious that was
> loose, etc. Since the new faceplate doesn't work either, that
> does seem to point the blame elsewhere.

Yeah, it's probably going to come to that. I'm a bit more hesitant to start
opening up the stereo itself, since I don't have a spare for it :-). Now that
I have a spare faceplate, I'm going to take the old one apart and see if I can
learn anything from it.

> Any chance you could find a pinout of the connection?

I haven't been able to track anything down. It's a Sony CDX-5260. I have
found a few sites that will sell service manuals, between $5.50 and $19.50 in
price.