Re: 1984 Dodge RamCharger w/ plow for sale - $1000

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2006 - 20:15:36 EDT

Michael Maskalans wrote:
> Not sure if anyone here would be interested, but I'm putting my RamCharger
> up for sale.
>
> just over 200,000 miles, interior in okay shape (minimal stains & no seat
> rips, but driver's floor has no carpet, headliner fabric is sagging),
> exterior has decent paint and few dents, but rocker panels are rusted
> through on front and rear fenders. 235/75r15 Michalin LTX tires with good
> tread. Leaking ATF badly (probably front pump seal) and has a howl from a
> bad bearing somewhere, probably transmission or transfer case. Strong
> running 360, NP208 transfer case, 3.23 gears.
>
> Has Fisher plow, seal in the pump is shot - it floods the electric motor
> with hydro fluid so it only works for a few minutes. plow frame also
> needs re-mounting (used bolts I had laying around, wrong sizes) and needs
> light work (not wired; took apart to replace bulbs and lost all the
> screws).
>
> If anybody is interested as-is let me know. I don't think I have time to
> fix it before winter, and I'd like to sell it in the fall for max value.
> If I get no bites here or on Craigs List I will hang onto it and fix it
> next summer and sell it...
>
> --
> +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
> | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |
> | '02 Jetta TDI 5sp, daily '97 Intrepid, not on the road |
> +-------------------- <http://mike.tepidcola.com/trucks/> --+

There is a Ramcharger of the same vintage near my house here that has
been for sale for a while... really nice shape, tan interior, black
exterior, nice crisp chrome. ... I dont think i had any real reason for
telling you this...

anyway...

I would love to buy your Ram charger Mike, I've always wanted it since
you got it. And it would be a perfect plow truck for my needs, as it
remains to be seen if I'll ever get Christine ready. But I just don't
have the cash... I may not make Daktoberfest this fall because of
finaces, or lack there of. Plus I am quite positive my mother would
murder me if I were to aquire another truck. I don't quite have Jon's
ability to store a collection heh.

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4,
95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine