Re: RE: Empty oil filter??

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2006 - 22:03:34 EDT

Rick Barnes wrote:
> It could be bypassing the filter. If the flow of the pump is too great, the
> filter cannot handle it and bypasses the filter. What brand of filter is
> it?
>
> Rascal

Hey Rascal, I was talking with the guys at work about this and what you
said was also mentioned. This situation if it is what is goin on,
really gives me cause for concern.

I went with a high volume oil pump because the engine had about 70K on
the clock. I figured with the way I drive, it couldn't hurt. I never
liked how the stock pumps loose pressure at lower RPM. I've been
running Bosch filters for the last 4 years now. The filter bypass is
built into the filter? I was under the impression that was part of the
filter mount on the engine.

I JUST put the new oil pan on, and I do not feel like taking it all
apart to install a stock oil pump, when I have a brand new pump on there
now with only a few hours of total run time on it. If the filter bypass
is in the filter itself as you say (I should probably know that but I
don't), then the solution would be to use a higher flow filter - correct?

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4,
95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine