Re: RE: No gears after engine swap

From: sneezer@gmail.com
Date: Wed Oct 04 2006 - 11:35:35 EDT

In article <BED9B372B268054B90B0CC4DE83305B90B3FBE41@SCHMLVEM03.e2k.ad.ge.com>,
james.zito@ge.com ("Zito, James A \(GE Infra, Energy\)") writes:

> >>We did swap the TQ with a Mopar 2400 stall.
> Not to sound like a prick, but did you remember to bolt the TC to the flex
plate?

> >>We did swap out the ATF dipstick tube with a 94-95 one in
> >>order to use the headers, but I only lost 1/2 a quart or so and topped it
>>off afterwards.
> As long as the amount of the stick in the pan is the same as the original oil
level will be the same so shouldn't be an issue (but should is as evil a word
as ASSume).

> >>Is it possible we managed to not get the pump gears engaged?
> Assuming that the answer to question 1 is no...after the tranny was bolted to
the engine, with then tranny not in park, you should have been able to freely
spin the TC. In fact, not entirely sure on a Dodge tranny, but on a GM
shlushbox there is close to 1/4" of clearance with the TC fully seated.

> Jim
> 03'CC Dak with a CLUTCH

Yes, we did bolt it to the flexplate. ;)

I am thinking it is not fully seated. Now that you mentioned it, I do not
recall putting it in N prior to rotating the engine to get the flexplate bolted
in. We did the first bolt, then everything moved as a unit for the remaining 3.
I am thinking.

That is what I get for relying on a manual guys expertise on an auto tranny
engine swap!

(Thanks Mark!)

I'll be pulling it out after work over the next 3 nights, and hopefully I can
get it seated properly, bolted in, and no resulting damage from this little
snafu.

Kevin