RE: No gears after engine swap

From: Zito, James A \(GE Infra, Energy\) (james.zito@ge.com)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2006 - 11:22:47 EDT

>>We did swap the TQ with a Mopar 2400 stall.
Not to sound like a prick, but did you remember to bolt the TC to the flex plate?

>>We did swap out the ATF dipstick tube with a 94-95 one in
>>order to use the headers, but I only lost 1/2 a quart or so and topped it >>off afterwards.
As long as the amount of the stick in the pan is the same as the original oil level will be the same so shouldn't be an issue (but should is as evil a word as ASSume).

>>Is it possible we managed to not get the pump gears engaged?
Assuming that the answer to question 1 is no...after the tranny was bolted to the engine, with then tranny not in park, you should have been able to freely spin the TC. In fact, not entirely sure on a Dodge tranny, but on a GM shlushbox there is close to 1/4" of clearance with the TC fully seated.

Jim
03'CC Dak with a CLUTCH