Re: OT Neon Starter

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2006 - 22:18:52 EDT

--- Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:

> The Honda... heh - I've put 100 miles on the bike so
> far and only used
> about 2 gallons of gas :)
>
> Me Love Bikes...
>
> --

HUH? 100 MILES? That's ALL?!!!!???!!!!!

Come on Man! Get with it! I did 180 miles on the
Bandit today and 310 on it on Friday. I get close to
50 MPG on my bike as well.

And I can hear you now....."but its getting COLD up
here!"

Quit yer whining! LOL! On my ride on Friday, I left
Quincy when it was about 40 degrees. Got down to
Rocklin, a suburb of Sacramento 150 miles away, in
about 2.5 hours. Nice and warm there, about 75 degrees
and sunny. Took care of my business and started home.
Part of my route took me over Donner Pass. Whilst I
was in that particular area of I80, it started to rain
slightly. I slowed due to traffic, gaper delay, as
there was an accident ahead. That's when I started to
notice Caltrans plow and salt trucks on the shoulders.
This gets my attention. I start looking closer at the
shoulders and to my surprise, I see rows of slush. Now
I'm starting to get a bit worried about being able to
get home in one piece. I think I ticked off several
drivers by driving as slow as I was, but I was in the
right hand lane and 45 MPH on a bike in those
conditions was plenty fast enough for me! Although the
trip there took 2.5 hours, it took me almost an extra
hour on the return trip. I plan on riding till the
snow is on the ground and the roads are white.

Me love bikes TOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray

Some risk is necessary in life. Without risk, the new world wouldn't have been discovered, man wouldn't have landed on the moon and we wouldn't ride motorcycles.