OT: Cycles, was Neon Starter

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2006 - 23:21:13 EDT

Ray Irons wrote:

> --- Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:
>

>>The Honda... heh - I've put 100 miles on the bike so
>>far and only used
>>about 2 gallons of gas :)
>>
>>Me Love Bikes...
>>
>>--
>

> HUH? 100 MILES? That's ALL?!!!!???!!!!!
>

> Come on Man! Get with it! I did 180 miles on the
> Bandit today and 310 on it on Friday. I get close to
> 50 MPG on my bike as well.
>

> And I can hear you now....."but its getting COLD up
> here!"
>

> Quit yer whining! LOL! On my ride on Friday, I left
> Quincy when it was about 40 degrees. Got down to
> Rocklin, a suburb of Sacramento 150 miles away, in
> about 2.5 hours.

LOL it *IS* getting cold here! We've got snow in the forecast this
week, temps drop below freezing at night now :-P Plus its only 5 or 6
miles from my house to work. So I'm not going to rack up many miles
going to work with it. I'm still new ya know.. that's my first 100
miles on *ANY* bike. Im not confidant enough to take it out on slick
roads. Also, I'm restricted to riding during daylight hours only,
because I have only a learners permit. Not to mention, I'm having some
clutch issues. In high gear, it slips above 45 MPH. I changed the oil,
and put in Mobil 1 10w40 synthetic cycle oil, which is supposed to be
better than regular oil, for wet clutches, which this bike has.
Something about friction modifiers added to the cycle oil because the
regular stuff is too slick for the clutch? Its helped. Its also
quieted down some engine noise I had. The valves are not as loud as
they were. A guy on the Honda forum I'm on said he noticed the same
thing too when he switched to cycle oil. If the clutch keeps doing
that, it might need to be replaced. I've already tweaked the cable...
and I know its not too tight, so its not keeping the clutch from fully
engaging.

> Me love bikes TOO!!!!!!!!!!!

heheheh - I already am dreaming about that Shadow I've been wanting!

You were right Ray!

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4,
95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine