Re: Plugged Oil Filters (was: empty oil filters)

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2006 - 02:10:58 EDT

On Monday 09 October 2006 11:52 am, Eric Hufstedler wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 11:02:12 -0500 David Gersic wrote:
> > Liquids boil, but otherwise don't change much.
>
> Liquids do expand and contract, and from what i have found, more
> so than solids.

Hm. Interesting. I don't remember them changing that much. But a 10 deg. C
change in temperature for 20 litres of gasoline increases the volume by
almost 10%...? Wow. (Free gas!)

We don't know the relevant coefficient for motor oil, but given that the
temperature change is quite a bit more than 10 deg. C, maybe it is possible
that it expands and contracts enough to suck the filter dry.

Thanks, Eric.