Re: Dakota Skid Plates

From: moliver@mmoliver.org
Date: Tue Oct 10 2006 - 17:47:18 EDT

  Did you look at the plans???

  They state

  2000+ Dakota (2004 is certainly past 2000.....)

  And also says.. Front / Transfer case. (there is your answer too...)

  The plans call for 1/4" but why couldn't 3/16" or 11ga be used? 11ga
would be too small in my mind for a proper skid plate.

  Aluminum would defeat the purpose in my mind. It would have to be thicker
than 1/4" to do the job effectively. It would tear easier than Steel.
Unless you went with Aluminum that was treated for extra strength and
that would probably make the cost out of the ballbark.

  What is to stop you from getting out a tape measure and some cardboard,
cutting it out and seeing if they will fit?. If they don't then you can
see what adjustments need to be made to get them to work.

  If they do, then you have a nice template to take to a fab shop to
get them made.

  The answers are there, just depends upon how motivated you are towards
getting them.

--
  Miles D. Oliver
  www.mmoliver.org