Re: diamond clear corners / radiator cover / bed area

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2006 - 21:20:09 EDT

I'm in the same boat as you trying to find the diamond clear corners for
my 98. I do recall someone saying something about them not being DOT
approved so nobody's making them, but I'm not sure if this is the case
or not. Closest thing I've seen are these 1 piece sets, but at $200 a
pop I'm happy with what I have now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-04-DODGE-DAKOTA-DURANGO-1PC-HEADLIGHTS-CORNERS-99_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQihZ019QQitemZ290036929430QQrdZ1

Far as the cover for the overflow area.... I'll email ya some pics
tomorrow when it's daylight of what I did with the 98. I did the viper
fan with the V8 shroud. Looks good and you can see the front of the
engine easily. But I'ld bet if you could get the 97-99ish bottles, you
could just eliminate that whole shroud and do something to make the
engine more visible, and just eliminate the crap you want to cover.

Far as bed stuff.... I'm still screwing up my plywood & carpet ideas, so
  I won't be touching fiberglass anytime soon! :)

Gary Hedlin
98 Dakota RC Sport 3.9
05 Dakota CC SLT 4.7
www.garyhedlin.com