Adding An Overhead Console

From: Kyle Kozubal (lpd111@msn.com)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2006 - 19:44:01 EDT

I my truck just came with a very simple dual light switch setup.

How hard/easy would it be to add a larger overhead console to my truck?

I also see there are two 'larger' overhead consoles available.

Some have the dual map lights with the sunglass holder and small clip up
front for holding miscellaneous papers.

Others are fancy and have the 2 map lights lights with an lcd readout screen
and have buttons: US/M, Reset, Step, C/T. Do I need something special for
this version?

What about mounting brackets? Wiring? Etc?

What model year Dakotas would have the better ovehead consoles that would
fit my '04?

Kyle
04 Dakota Quad Cab SLT
4X4 4.7L V8