Re: Power Vent WIndows

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Oct 11 2006 - 17:35:38 EDT

Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:
: That and a custom center console have been the two items half-finished for
: the longest on my truck, and I think are the oldest items on the todo list
: too....

  I can relate. :-) This modification was one of the first ones
I was planning to do way back when I first ordered my truck 11
years ago! At least I haven't actually spent any money on this
one - unlike other planned modifications which are just as
incomplete, but have manifested themselves as parts sitting on
shelves in the shop. My most glaring example of this is a
4bbl billet throttle body intended for the Dak, which I picked
up on ebay for way less than MSRP but it was still in the
neighborhood of $500. That was about 8 years ago, so I guess
with inflation, that's getting close to $600 2006 dollars. :-P
I may be able to use it on my '67 Coronet though, which is itself
a project waiting for me to get around to it. ;-)

  Sometimes that stuff gets used eventually... A solenoid intended
to be used to lock my Dak's tailgate sat in a drawer for at
least 5 years finally finding a home in a stylus I built for a
CNC table. The very first car I purchased was a Dodge Colt,
and I made several modifications to that vehicle (mostly interior)
and one of the items I purchased for it was a tachometer. I
never did get around to installing it, and that thing got
shuffled between various boxes, shelves, closets, etc. for 16
years until just a few weeks ago when I installed it in my '47
Willys. :-) (However, the triple gauge pod that I purchased
at the same time as the tach has yet to find a home.) ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-