Re: Accomodations for Daktoberfest

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Oct 16 2006 - 19:20:04 EDT

"Chris Reck" <chris92@insightbb.com> wrote:

: Hi,

: Is the shop (couches) heated during the fall, or do we need to look for
: other accomodations. For that matter, anyone interested in doubling up in a
: room for Friday and Saturday nights?

   Yep, its heated, and there is a bathroom w/shower available, so
that is an option if you don't mind sleeping on couches covered with
powdercoat dust, dirt, vaporized metal particles and who knows what else.
:-) There are three couches available, one large and two small. It
should also be possible to clear a spot on the floor in there somewhere
for an air mattress or something. That reminds me, I'd better go have a
look at the propane tank to make sure we'll have heat. :-)

  As far as local accomodations go, check out the following URL
for a list of hotels and such:

  http://www.dakota-truck.net/meet/DMLBBQ/map/

  The last one on the page is a B&B which the Henrys and Mallets
have both stayed at and both said it was nice. The price is
comparable to or better than the hotels, depending on the time
of year and its only about a mile or two down the road as opposed
to 10 miles for any of the motels/hotels.

--
                                          -Jon-