Suspension questions

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2006 - 20:33:54 EDT

DML:

I finshed my catalytic converter/muffler/exhaust pipe project. Went really well. I used
a Walker cat and a DYNOMAX Super Turbo kit. Sounds awesome and I totally picked up 20
to 25 HP in doing this project. Partly because the old exhaust was so bad to begin
with. ;-)

<NOTE: For the following paragraphs I should tell you I have a 4x2 with rack & pinion
power steering and stock tires and stock wheels>

My next project is to rebuild the front and rear suspension. I pulling the whole damn
thing apart! All the way to the frame. <grin>

Anyway I need some pointers to parts. I want a suspension that handles more like a
sports car on the road. This will be a road course truck and a drag strip truck. So I
am thinking I will need a rear sway bar since I dont have one. And I want a 2" drop in
the front and a 4" drop in the rear. I was planning on buying Western Chassis drop
spindles and a W.C. adjustable shackle kit. Any thoughts here?

I already spec'ed out all my bushings from Moog catalogs. Gonna order them this weekend.
 I will also replace the steering gear mounting bushings since those are pretty much
shot.
Also with the Moog order I will be getting ball joints and the outer tie rods (both RH
and LH sides). Any thoughts here? Did I miss something?

Is it possible to rebuild calipers? Or is it more cost effective to replace the
calipers?

Dan K.

1992 Dakota Club Cab LE with A/C, Cruise, PS, PB, PW, PL, 3.55 rear, 5.2L V8 and a 46RH. Mods: Cool-air intake, 180* T-stat, relocated IAT, DynoMax Super Turbo exhaust.

http://static.flickr.com/42/84856795_c18903d10f.jpg

Future Plans: March pullies, Improved air intake, 3.91 rear, F&B throttle body, tires