Re: Ball Joint Bewilderment

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2006 - 02:56:40 EDT

Hey, Jon,,,

<snip> I have seen chain wrenches; looks like they are similar to a strap
wrench but I have never used one so I don't know how well they actually
work<snip>

We useta use chain wrenches at Watervliet Arsenal to position 1300 lb 120 mm
cannon barrels during set-up for machinig/benching operations. Granted, they
were LARGE chain wrenches, but the principle is the same...they work very
well! on the same principle as some types of oil filter wrenches... Whether
or not one would fit on a balljoint, is a whole different question...

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +
V-6 4 x 4 5 speed