Re: I will be at Daktoberfest

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2006 - 14:29:40 EDT

Ray Irons wrote:
> Microbrews are OK but personally I think they can
> sometime be a little inconsistent in taste.

For me, that's part of the attraction. It just tells me that it's made
in small batches. Every time it's slightly different, but always good.
I used to work with a guy who made his own homebrew, and every batch he
made was unique, and always a new experience. I prefer that, just like
I'd rather go to a small local cafe where every meal is just a bit
different, than McDonald's where every single meal tastes exactly the same.

> Do you prefer ale or lager?

Ale, definitely. There are many different kinds of ales, and I prefer
them all to lagers. My favorite are wheat beers.

> If you REALLY want a good
> full bodied beer, from a small brewery, Shiner Bock,
> from Spoetzl Brewery in Shiner Texas is my personal
> favorite.

I see they make a Hefeweizen. If I ever see it, I'll have to give it a try.

> Now for you beer aficionados, Trivia time! Whats the
> difference between lager and ale?

You mean apart from the fact that lager tastes like yak piss? :-)
Okay, not quite. Corona and Heineiken aren't bad. I'm just not really
a fan of lagers or pilsners, but if that's your thing, enjoy. I don't
know the technical difference offhand, but it's easy enough to look up.