Re: I will be at Daktoberfest

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2006 - 13:12:26 EDT

--- Jason Bleazard <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:

> I'm tempted to ask about any high quality local
> microbrew ales you might
> get there, but I don't think we can bring alcohol
> back over the border
> without paying tax on it unless we've been gone for
> more than 48 hours.
> Assuming, of course, I remember to tell them about
> it.

Microbrews are OK but personally I think they can
sometime be a little inconsistent in taste.

Do you prefer ale or lager? If you REALLY want a good
full bodied beer, from a small brewery, Shiner Bock,
from Spoetzl Brewery in Shiner Texas is my personal
favorite. I had a little trouble getting it when I
lived in Delaware, but here in northern California, I
have no problem. I asked the store my GF works at to
see if they could get it for me and now I have an
uninterrupted supply. Not to mention the nice employee
discount she gets on it for me too. As a matter of
fact, I have 3 cases waiting for me at the store right
now, and I still have half a case in the beer fridge.
We're going to a motorcycle get together next weekend
so 2 cases are going with us and one case is for a
friend that helped me with a new computer.

Check out the Shiner website at www.shiner.com
They make other beer besides the Bock but that's my
favorite.

Now for you beer aficionados, Trivia time! Whats the
difference between lager and ale?

Answer to be posted at a later date :)

Ray