Re: Beer WAS: Re: I will be at Daktoberfest

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2006 - 17:00:31 EDT

Ray Irons wrote:

> We have a winner folks! Ale uses top fermenting yeast
> while lager uses bottom fermenting yeast. Lager is
> also usually (traditionally) stored or (laagered) in a
> cool dark environment to age and develop the flavor.
> Ale is fermented at around 70 degrees F and Lager is
> fermented about 15 degrees cooler, about 55 degrees F.
> While I also agree with Jason that many lagers, or at
> least the big name brewery brands, have little flavor,
> Shiner Bock is a type of lager that has good flavor
> with a rich aroma and a drinkability that I have not
> found in any other US brewed beer. Unless we can get
> Stebel to send us some Styers 1878, I'm sticking with
> my Shiner Bock!

You need to try my home own brew of Point Special Lager. :)

Best lager I've ever tasted in my opinon.

"The word, is no. I am therefore going anyway." - James T. Kirk

75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4 http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/ AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine