Shock Bolts again...

From: Hop * (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2006 - 19:41:37 EDT

Hey BOB!!
I'm in the same boat as you.
Just on the way home one of my lower shock bolts snapped.
I've dulled all of my drill bits trying to drill a hole in the bolt.
I thought i'd be lazy and drill a small hole and try the small easy out...
Nope!! I ended up snapping the easy out in the hole i just finished
drilling.....
Sheesh! They don't make drill bits like they use too.
Any idea how long i can limp around without a shock until i get this thing
drilled out??
I drive 100 miles a day m-f.
This friday i gotta take the truck in for the 3rd ring and pinion and
bearings. Seems like the rear end only lasts 50k and then they start to howl
and then gernade.
I was going to buy a new ram but, it looks like i'll stay with the dak long
enough to get the money out of the new rear end.
--Hop
'97 CC 318 4x4
http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/mygallery.ten?id=7643

trip!