Re: Re: Shock Bolts again...

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2006 - 02:34:49 EDT

Hey, Ray...

<snip> Must be a 4X4 thing. I have nearly 150K miles on my 98
 and (knockwood) most all of it is original.<snip>

Maybe...

<snip> So far the only thing that's giving me grief is
the weird paint job. It appears the bed and the cab
 above the door line may have been re-painted at the
 factory or maybe it was the other way around. The
 doors, front fenders and hood all appear to have the
 clear coat coming off.<snip>

Mine too...I noticed a small spot on the Driver side bed rail, so I decided
to look over the rest of the DAKSY...Found a BIG spot in the middle of the
roof! Dammit. Think we can feather the clear coat edges & reapply it? Any
body repairmen out there?

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +