Re: Re: Shock Bolts again...

From: Craig Faison (cfaison@magpage.com)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2006 - 08:54:33 EDT

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Terrible Tom wrote:

> Your ring and pinion , even your clutch I can believe at 150Kare still
> good... but factory non-greaseable Ujoints?? I'd be leery of those at 150K!

My old '92 (or was it '93?) Dakota went 205k on the original u-joints,
clutch, rear, trans, etc. It went through a couple of fuel pumps, a timing
chain and a motor mount, but that was about it other than normal wear and
tune up type items. The timing chain was done at 110k or so as a
preventative measure, since it was getting noisy. I sold it at 195k, and
kept in touch with the buyer. The clutch went at 205k, but the other stuff
was still going... I spent a lot of time with a trailer hooked up to that
truck too.

I sure hope my '01 Dakota (currently 67k) is somewhere near as reliable...

Craig