Re: A/C Compressor failure

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2006 - 17:43:25 EST

At 12:28 PM 10/16/06, you wrote:
>The non-AC belt will not work, its too short. I'm
>pretty sure you need a 91 1/2 inch belt. Bob Tom
>should be able to weigh in on this since he drag raced
>with a short belt. HTH

Just catching up on my DML backlog :-( I see that Mike
has found what he was looking for.

In case this comes up again, I used a 6-rib belt when I was racing.
It bypassed the a/c and the p.s. pullies. (97 5.2L). It is about
54 1/4" in length. Positioning it on the pulleys so that the belt starts
on the pulley groove closest to the motor seems to be less
stressful on the system.

I also have a 6-rib belt which just bypasses the a/c pulley. It might be
91 1/2" (memory lapse) but I can measure just to be sure if
anyone has the need.

Late as usual :-[

Bob