RE: Supercharging the 3.9L, worth it?

From: Ronald Taylor (scsilverdakdml@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2006 - 22:57:41 EST

Are we talking about a 4x4 or 4x2 Chassis, CC or RC?

a Properly Prepared 3.9 with headers, ignition upgrades, 50 MM TB and a Good
Catback Exhaust will
lay Rear Wheel HP ##'s of 209-211 RWHP with the Boost set at 6PSI.....

I have the Boost on mine Turned up to 9PSI and it will lay RWHP ##'s in the
229-235 RWHP while running slightly on the Rich side......a PCM Flash to
adjust the A/F ratio should yield 235-239 RWHP!

My 4400lb 4x4, RC, Dakota has turned a 15.20 @ 89 mph with a small NOS shot
for intercooling, On just the Blower it ran a 15.90 @ 85 mph, it has turned
a traction limited 92 mph trap speed that would have been a 14.80 @ 92 mph
had I been able to hook it up at the line!

I wanted something that was fun to drive and different from all the v8
Dakotas out there!

Ron
01' Dakota RC 3.9 4X4, Street and Show
02' Dakota RC 3.9 4X2, Future Project