Supercharging the 3.9L, worth it?

From: msnbcnnbcbs@hotmail.com
Date: Fri Nov 03 2006 - 13:10:10 EST

Howdy folks,

I've been eyeing the vortech kit on KRC for a while. I currently have a 99 3.9L
V6 Auto R.C. Im not totally sure what the 1/4 times are for it, never taken it
to the track (about 3600lbs + me(about 190))

 I raced a dually F350 and got my ass handed to me (turbo diesel). I found it
very saddening my truck which is probably half the weight ended up several car
lengths behind him at around 65 or so. I had him off the line, but it was
no-win after 40mph.

I spoken around with a few people, and everyone is telling me supercharging
this engine isnt worth it. They say I wont gain more than 35-40hp and I'm going
to be dissapointed by its performance.

Can anyone give me any info on this before i consider dropping the 4k? I was
thinking of keeping the truck around 2 more years, and wanted to eliminate some
of its sluggishness. I really dont want to purchase another car/truck at the
moment, but for 4k i would do the S.C. if it was worth it.

current mods:
Intense performance intake
fastman V6 TB
flowkooler Waterpump
stock exhaust, headers, engine internals, rear-end, ect.

btw- i cant find full 1/4 numbers for a V6 anywhere. Im guessing mine is around
17'ish at 79mph?

thanks/