45RFE output shaft spline count?

From: Miles D. Oliver (moliver@mmoliver.org)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2006 - 06:31:37 EST

   My curiosity has gotten the better of me.

   I recently helped a friend swap in a new transfer case into his jeep. He
was able to find a wrecked jeep rubicon and we removed his NP231 transfer
case and installed the new NV241OR. This transfer case has a 4:1 ratio
and looks very similar to whats in the Dakota. This was a bolt in and he
was able to keep his driveshafts.

   The NV241OR has a 23 spline input. If I recall so does the NV231 I have
in my truck.

   I wonder of the NV241OR would bolt in? Linkage aside I wonder if
something like this could be done, and if so, why nobody has done it
before.

   If nothing else it could make for a good discussion.

  --
  Miles D. Oliver
  www.mmoliver.org

"If a woman speaks in the forest with no man near to hear her, is she
still complaining? Of course."