Here we go again, Ram is for Sale

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2006 - 00:13:44 EST

Ok folks - I think I've done this before a few times, but looks like I'm
going to have to bite the bullet and just do it. I just can't afford
the monthly payments anymore, even though I only have two more years to
pay down.

I would STRONGLY prefer to sell outside the state of Wisconsin. Quite
simply, if I sell it - I never want to see it again. As some of you may
know I am somewhat emotionally attached to my trucks, and seeing one of
them again - that I no longer own, driven by someone else... is just not
something I want to experience. Having said that I'm willing to
accommodate the buyer with reasonable assistance in helping them take
delivery of the truck.

For Sale:
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Factory Off Road - 63,943 miles
Graphite Metallic Grey regular cab short box
360 (5.9L) V8, 46RE Auto tranny
class III hitch and tow package
heavy duty cooling and service group
light group (underhood, map light, glove box light)
Off road package includes: 4.10 limited slip rear end, front tow hooks,
  factory lifted suspension

Truck is equipped with: AC, cruise, tilt, power locks, power windows,
power heated 6x9 mirrors, rear sliding deep tint window, CD player with
optional speaker package, fog lights

Modifications: Silver star headlight upgrades, 2 inch daystar coil
spacer up front to level out the truck, riding on 315/75/16 BFG ATs with
more about 75% tread on American Racing Outlaw II 16 inch aluminum
wheels. Has a new soft roll back tonnue cover with flip lock rail and
velcro sides ($400+ cover just installed this summer)

K+N Filter in stock air box.

Transgo transmission drain plug installed in tranny pan

Fram Sure-drain system installed, makes oil changes a breeze

Skyjacker Nitro shocks (2-3 inch lift (longer) shocks on the front

Hypertech Power Programmer used to correct tire size so the speedometer
rears correct. (I will unprogram the ECM and return it to stock for you
if you do not want the power programmer - I will sell the programmer for
$200 separately)

Performance Friction Carbon metallic brake pads up front with plenty of
miles left on them

The factory offroad 17 inch wheels are in my garage, with a bald set of
Goodyear MT/Rs on them. one wheel has a couple chips, but the other
three are almost perfect. Walt Felix has first crack at these wheels,
for his Ram if he doesn't want them, I'm willing to include them with
the truck for an additional amount, otherwise I'll sell them elsewhere.

I also have some spare parts, tierods etc that I'll throw in. The
steering and suspension are solid, but the slipjoint shaft in the
steering shaft is worn and clunks. I had been planning on upgrading
this at some point with an aftermarket shaft.

It has been offroad a few times and has some scratches and a couple
dents but nothing major. The front bumper is a little offset due to a 4
legged critter jumping out in front of me at Daktoberfest in 2004, but
its very minor and I never felt it necessary to do anything about it.

There is no muffler on the truck, but all emission equipment is intact.
There is a 3 inch straight pipe from the cat back. If you have
inspections, you'll prolly not pass and will need a muffler.

sound clip of the exhaust is here:

http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/startup.wav

It has had Mobil 1 10w30 in it since 30,000 miles and I've always run
Bosch filters. I just changed the radiator hoses this summer and had
the cooling system flushed. Trans fluid was changed and flushed at 36K

With the hypertech programmer and without the factory wheels, I'm asking
$10,000. Without the programmer I'll take $200 off. For the wheels -
factory replacements run about $250 a piece... not sure what used wheels
would fetch, but contact me and we can work something out.

Please contact me off list if you have questions.

Thanks

"The word, is no. I am therefore going anyway." - James T. Kirk

75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4 http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/ AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine