Re: Overhead mileage calculator.

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Nov 17 2006 - 10:57:39 EST

"Hop *" <hopsdak@hotmail.com> wrote:

: Hey guys,
: I've noticed that my overhead computer is constantly 1mpg off. When i
: calculate my milage by hand i get better milage than what the computer says.
: Is there any way to adjust this? Could the TPS or something else be
: causing it to read wrong? I'm not sure what the computer looks at to get
: it's figures.

   I've always assumed that the PCM uses the fuel injector
pulse width and an assumed fuel pressure to calculate the
amount of fuel used. If so, that should be pretty accurate,
where I would look for introduction of error would be the
tires. (i.e. are they a different size than is programmed
into the computer, etc.)

--
                                          -Jon-