Re: Overhead mileage calculator.

From: Hop * (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2006 - 11:46:49 EST

>From: jon@dakota-truck.net
> I've always assumed that the PCM uses the fuel injector
>pulse width and an assumed fuel pressure to calculate the
>amount of fuel used. If so, that should be pretty accurate,
>where I would look for introduction of error would be the
>tires. (i.e. are they a different size than is programmed
>into the computer, etc.)
>
>--
> -Jon-

I'm running 32's instead of 31's. I can't remember it being that far off.
Seems like it got worse here lately. I was hoping that i could calibrate it
somehow. I don't wanna run off potintial truck buyers with faulty milage.
It's bad enough it reads 12.3 mpg on average. And that's mostly hiway. LOL

--Hop

Get the latest Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta version. Join now.
http://ideas.live.com