Re: Overhead mileage calculator.

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Nov 17 2006 - 13:43:37 EST

"Hop *" <hopsdak@hotmail.com> wrote:

: I would look for introduction of error would be the
:>tires. (i.e. are they a different size than is programmed
:>into the computer, etc.)
:>
:>--
:> -Jon-

: Jon,
: Can you set that with a programmer on a '97? Or do i have to take it to
: the dealer?

   I'm not sure. Maybe someone more familiar with what is available
for that year can chime in.

: I figured the tire size would make no difference. The odometer reads the
: same in the overhead as it does on the in dash odometer.

   Hmmm, that's true - if you are using the odometer and calculating
manually, both methods should be off by about the same amount. Maybe
your fuel pressure is higher or lower than the algorithm used to
calculate the gas mileage thinks it is, or your injectors are
flowing more or less than they should be?

--
                                          -Jon-