Re: Overhead mileage calculator.

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Nov 17 2006 - 13:56:12 EST

"Hop *" <hopsdak@hotmail.com> wrote:

: I'm running 32's instead of 31's. I can't remember it being that far off.
: Seems like it got worse here lately. I was hoping that i could calibrate it
: somehow. I don't wanna run off potintial truck buyers with faulty milage.
: It's bad enough it reads 12.3 mpg on average. And that's mostly hiway. LOL

    Assuming that your computer is calibrated for a 31" tire, if
you are running 32s now, your mileage and speedometer readings are
going to be reading low by just under 3.3%. So, if your speedometer
says you are going 50mph, you're actually going 51.6mph. If your
odometer says you went 100 miles, you actually travelled closer to
103.3 miles. So when you are calculating your gas mileage, just
take the odometer reading and multiply by 1.033 before dividing
it by the number of gallons used. That's not going to make a
huge difference, but will get you closer to accuracy and in the
right direction too. (Your 12.3 mpg is actually 12.7 mpg.) Like
I said, not a big deal, not quite 1/2 mpg but every little bit
helps. :-)

--
                                          -Jon-