Re: Overhead mileage calculator.

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2006 - 19:44:27 EST

On Nov 17, 2006, at 11:46, Hop * wrote:

>> From: jon@dakota-truck.net
>> I've always assumed that the PCM uses the fuel injector
>> pulse width and an assumed fuel pressure to calculate the
>> amount of fuel used. If so, that should be pretty accurate,
>> where I would look for introduction of error would be the
>> tires. (i.e. are they a different size than is programmed
>> into the computer, etc.)

The PCM would see the same traveled miles that the trip meter does,
unless you're manually correcting odometer miles in your hand milage
figuring (which nobody ever seems to do - they just bitch about big
tires stealing their mileage while not realizing that their numbers
are just now off by 20%) the difference should be seen in both.

--
   +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
   | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s  '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |