Re: Overhead mileage calculator.

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2006 - 03:53:29 EST

>The PCM would see the same traveled miles that the trip meter does,
>unless you're manually correcting odometer miles in your hand milage
>figuring (which nobody ever seems to do - they just bitch about big
>tires stealing their mileage while not realizing that their numbers
>are just now off by 20%) the difference should be seen in both.
>
>- --
> +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
> | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |
> | '02 Jetta TDI 5sp, daily '97 Intrepid, not on the road |
> +-------------------- <http://mike.tepidcola.com/trucks/> --+

Mike, I have from day one kept a spread sheet service log for my Dakota.
After the 31.5x10x15 tires were installed I added to the spread sheet to
compensate the MPG by 1.084 to show the difference in tire size. Now
that the extended service plan has ended. I hoping to get the Hyper-tech
thingy to adjusted the speed and odometer via the PCM.

Try going down hill and put the tranny in neutral, My overhead will show
99mpg!!

Don Mallett
www.y2kota.us