Re: Re: Knock knock..

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Dec 03 2006 - 02:24:20 EST

Aaron Wyse wrote:

> I've always been biased.. I just want to own Mopars. I'd even love to have
> a Magnum; and that seems to be the slowest selling thing Dodge has to offer.
> In my opinion

Magnums are really nice. My mother is pondering ditching her explorer
in a couple years and getting a station wagon. She looked at the magnum
and said she kinda liked it.

> Calibers.. Killer car for the money; as is the new Chrysler Sebring.
> SRT-4 Caliber.. should be out in the next few weeks or so.

Yup - agreed. Caliber is a winner all around.

> Challenger.. Will kick A$$; especially if we can get them to do a M/T..
> Not looking like it though.

According to Allpar.com - Challenger will have sticks. *shrug* we'll see
I guess. I will sell my soul (again) for a Challenger.

> 6.4L Crate motors just officially released 525HP EFI & 540HP carbed.

> Power Wagon.. Unstoppable beast.

True - but until they de-uglify the Ram - I'm not buying a new one. I
do NOT like the headlights. They ruin the look of the truck.

> Dakota.. we were discussing with D-C last month.. We're trying to get the
> RC back, get long beds back.. and get the 5.7L available. along with trying
> to get the prices cut back some.

Again with the Dak - as with the Ram... the Fugly Factor has to come
down a notch or two. The heavy chistled body sides, and the front end
clip...both need to be reworked. Plus the A pillar is so large that you
can land the space shuttle on it, that slopes down where you can easily
whack your head (did that when I got in an 05 for a test drive)...

The lousy movement of the automatic trans shifter... in low range I was
hitting my knee on it. The lousy placement of the auxillary power
socket and the 4x4 knob... (by the way - I WANT A LEVER ACTUATED
TRANSFERCASE!)

Kudos on the rear hinged club cab doors - those are nice. But I would
like to see a regular cab 8 foot bed option again. There ARE people out
there who buy trucks to use as trucks afterall...Guess D.C didnt think
reg cab 8 footers were popular enough...

By the way... if anyone knows of a Gen III *4x4* regular cab 8 foot long
bed truck... lemme know! I have seen a few 2wd Gen III 8 footers - but
no 4x4s!

"The word, is no. I am therefore going anyway." - James T. Kirk

75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4 http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/ AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine