Re: which scanner reads brake codes 99 dakota

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2006 - 19:59:36 EST

--- Eric Hufstedler <huffy340@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Do any of the regular (IE reasonably priced)
> scanners also read
> > the brake codes? I believe the system is separate
> from the engine
> > codes, right?
>
> Like a dummy, i asked before searching. From an mml
> post I see that
> there are ~15 codes.
>
> And the scanners look expensive!
>
> Eric

There is a way to jumper some of the pins in the ALDL
connector and have the service engine light flash
codes specifically for the ABS but I'm not sure which
pins need to be jumpered or where the codes are
listed. I don't think a Haynes manual has them listed
either. You might need a FSM for that particular year.

Sorry I can't be more help on this,

Ray