Re: RE: Aftermarket driving or fog lights? Or factory?

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2006 - 21:14:25 EST

On Wednesday 20 December 2006 07:13 am, Gabriel A. Couriel wrote:
> there's no "manufacturer's kit" for mounting the lights. the assembly
> comes as one unit (have to swap one of mine out now, which is why i know).

Any chance you could snap a picture of the factory one while you're taking it
apart? I'm curious to see how they mounted them.

> they bolt directly to the bumper, using two bolts. i think people have
> used the PIAA lamps with some success in the past.

PIAA P/N 30280 claims to be a Dakota specific mounting bracket for their 510
series lamps (3 15/16" diameter round) in the factory location. That seems to
be the only Dakota specific setup, so I'm leaning that way. I haven't yet
found a picture of this mounting kit yet, though. It's possible that the same
brackets could be used for other manufacturers lamps that have a similar
mounting scheme. Or I can hack up something with some angle iron and bolts
from the hardware store, but I kinda hate to do that if there's something
nicer available.

> i think bernd used to
> have them. he used to be on here, but now can be found on bionicdodge.com.

Thanks.