Re: Motorcycles At DML BBQ 07

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Dec 24 2006 - 18:05:32 EST

Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:

: I was wondering...

: I'm planning on bringing my Honda with me the the BBQ next summer...
: anyone else feel like doing a little riding? Not saying we shouldn't
: have a caravan of muddy trucks for the ice cream stand people to gawk
: at... but wouldn't mind doing something a little different. we always
: seem to do something different every year, even if we don't actually
: plan on it.

: Jon? Think you could dust off the Intruder? You did replace the lock
: and keys right? LOL Bob Smith - assuming you can refrain from falling
: off stuff my friend! Wouldn't mind seeing your other solar yellow ride
: - even if it *is* a Harley heh.

   Sounds like an interesting idea. Could be fun, I could
plan out a route for us to hit some twisties and stuff,
something more interesting than just an everyday road -
maybe with a stop for a burger or a coke or maybe at the
local HD dealership? There's a Yamaha/Suzuki dealer fairly
close by too if anyone felt like looking at some new bikes.

   The only thing I wonder about is when we'd have the time
to do it. Obviously this would have a limited appeal for
the majority of the folks at the BBQ since most of 'em don't
ride and/or wouldn't have their bikes with them, not to mention
the fact that we don't usually seem to have an excess of
down time, as we found with the paintball thing. :-) Possibly
this could be done earlier like thurs before the meet, although
obviously that stretches out the time folks would have to take
off work and might not work for that reason?

--
                                          -Jon-