Re: Motorcycles At DML BBQ 07

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Dec 25 2006 - 03:27:14 EST

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Sounds like an interesting idea. Could be fun, I could
> plan out a route for us to hit some twisties and stuff,
> something more interesting than just an everyday road -
> maybe with a stop for a burger or a coke or maybe at the
> local HD dealership? There's a Yamaha/Suzuki dealer fairly
> close by too if anyone felt like looking at some new bikes.
>
> The only thing I wonder about is when we'd have the time
> to do it. Obviously this would have a limited appeal for
> the majority of the folks at the BBQ since most of 'em don't
> ride and/or wouldn't have their bikes with them, not to mention
> the fact that we don't usually seem to have an excess of
> down time, as we found with the paintball thing. :-) Possibly
> this could be done earlier like thurs before the meet, although
> obviously that stretches out the time folks would have to take
> off work and might not work for that reason?

Hmm well I had not given thought to really doing a "riders day out" -
however that does have an appeal... I was thinking more along the lines
of just taking it into town instead of driving one of my trucks. I'm
not even sure what my summer will look like next year. My job status
could change real soon for me, I may not even be able to get the time
off to attend at all, depending on what happens. I've also given
serious thought to just taking the Neon out. If I do head east (who am
I kidding... you all know, come hell or high water I'm there...I havn't
missed a BBQ since I joined the DML!) I'll be stopping in Ohio to visit
with friends again... so that will cut into my DML time.

I'm also bringing my full paintball aresonal!

"The word, is no. I am therefore going anyway." - James T. Kirk

75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4 http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/ AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine