Re: Not a Merry Christmas

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Tue Dec 26 2006 - 20:43:38 EST

--- "Gabriel A. Couriel" <gcouriel@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

> Well, on my way home from work on thursday, i was
> involved in an accident.
> I was rear-ended by a cadillac fleetwood (1995),
> that decided to stop under
> my rear bumper. The cop (former dak owner) gave the
> guy a ticket, and i was
> able to drive off (he needed a tow, since the
> front-end of his car was
> destroyed). My truck was later towed to a yard,
> because i was weary of the
> seat, which had given way in the accident, and
> wasn't locking in place.

Dang Gabe, That sucks for you. Did ya tell the guy
driving the Caddy you're a lawyer and he just rammed
into his worst nightmare?

I can tell you that a couple years ago, I got rear
ended in my Dak by a guy driving an old Chevy Caprice
and like you, he wound up under my rear bumper and
needed to be towed while I drove off. I couldn't drive
away alone until after the tow truck got there cause
we were a little locked together. The cop did ask me
to see if I could drive out from under his car and I
started dragging that old chevy down the road. The
damage I had done to my Dak was a lot less than what
you have. The adjuster gave me about $1,400 for mine.
I needed a new tailgate, rear bumper and a little body
work. Since everything on my truck was still
functional, I never bothered to get it fixed. Besides,
my truck is a 98 and has nearly 148K miles on it.

Ray