Tire recommendations

From: John Hower (jehower@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2007 - 09:57:23 EST

I'm currently running BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail tires on my '95
Dakota. The tires have about 3/4 tread remaining, but the wet
traction is getting worse. It's getting to the point of being really
frightening. The truck has a fiberglass topper on the bed and there
is usually a little extra weight back there -- spare tire for the
trailer, some tools, etc.

I don't particularly need a tire that excels in snow. We don't get a
lot of snow and I don't have a need to get out and drive when we do.
Driving is about evenly split between city and highway. I'd like to
find a tire that does reasonably well on wet roads and is quiet. I
tow two trailers -- one very lightweight w/two kayaks and a camper
that weighs about 2,000 lbs. loaded.

What are some other's experiences and what are others running?

John