RE: Oil FIlters

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2007 - 11:52:23 EST

I pay for six in advance and it lowers the price. I have each of our
vehicles tested once a year. It's worth it for the peace of mind
considering how hard they get used during race season.

> As far as the filters go with extended oil change intervals, I
> would imagine that as the filter gets clogged, the bypass will start
> to open and the extra junk is going to start getting picked up on
> an oil test.

Agreed. Just FYI, Blackstone keeps telling me I should go longer intervals
on our oil changes as they've yet to find anything of concern. I usually do
them between 3 and 5K miles. What's funny is, until I told them we were
racing these vehicles, their notes kept saying we must have been driving
them carefully to have such consistently good results! :-)

Ray